Friday, April 3, 2015

A Pool in the Wilderness

 


A Pool in the Wilderness


The Lord Everlasting,
The Creator of All,
Giveth strength to the weary,
And lifts them that fall.

Thy God is e’er with thee,
So be not dismayed;
He will uphold thee
When thou art afraid.

When the poor are athirst,
He maketh rivers to flow;
And fountains in valleys
On them He’ll bestow.

In wilderness dry
He placeth a pool
With well-springs of water,
Refreshing and cool. 

Thou hast trusted the Lord
And walked in His ways;
May His water sustain thee
The rest of thy days!

 
Isaiah 40:28-31; 41:10,17,18
For Ilene Anderson, with love,
on her 69th  birthday, 12-04-96



2 comments:

  1. Hello! Years ago you gave me permission to publish this poem at The Home Maker's Corner. I was editing the page today to update it a bit and thinking about posting it at my blog. I decided to look you up, and here you are! :-) I hope you are doing well. Thank you again for allowing me to use your poem and for your encouragement to me at a time when I was struggling. (My family lived near Sierra Vista, Arizona back then. I'm married and in Texas now. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear from you, Mary! I hope you are doing well now. And you're very welcome. 😊

      Delete