Friday, April 3, 2015

Rhyming Riddles


Rhyming Riddles


Raptor
 
 Raptor of rough ranges,
Flyer fleet and fast;
Wheeler with the west winds;
By the linnet oft harassed.
 
My eyes are always fixed;
They turn not left nor right;
When I pull my ears down flat,
The meadow voles take flight!
 
I love the tallest trees,
And it really is a lark
To go out exploring
At nighttime in the dark.
 
You may find me in the woodlands,
Or beside the bubbling brooks;
I sometimes scout the swamps;
I delight in brainy books.
 
 

What am I? 





In and Out
 
 I’m long and skinny;
I go in and out;
I can work through the rain,
I can work through a drought.
 
Sometimes alone,
Sometimes with three;
You never can tell
Who’ll travel with me!
 
When I begin,
My things are quite small;
But the farther I go,
The wider the sprawl!
 
I contribute to beauty,
Playtime, and heat;
For use in soft craft,
I just can’t be beat.
 
 
What am I?




The Traveler
  
I travel a lot,
But stay in one place;
I spin till I’m dizzy,
While never leaving base.
 
Sometimes I’m slow;
Sometimes I’m fast;
I wish I could see
The scenes I’ve gone past!
 
I was born in the forest
Where the trees grow so thick;
When I’m new, I’m all rough;
When I’m old, I’ve gone slick.
 
Sometimes I’m noisy;
I howl and I squeal;
I always need air,
But never a meal!
 
 
 What am I?












Answers:  Owl, Crochet Hook, and Tire


No comments:

Post a Comment