Friday, April 3, 2015

Sing and Be Happy



Sing and Be Happy
 
Though poor and needy, O Lord, oft am I,
 Thou hearest my prayer when to Thee I cry.
Whene’er I am sad, Thou givest a song;
 I’ll sing and be happy--to Thee I belong!
 
For who in the heaven unto Thee can compare?
 Thy great faithfulness will I declare!
I have praised Thy Name from my earliest youth;
 Teach me Thy way, and I’ll walk in Thy truth.
 
Though only a doorkeeper I am called to be,
 Cheerful I’ll labor, dear Lord, for Thee.
To do Thy will is all my delight;
 I pray unto Thee both day and night.
 
Blessed I’ll be if I make Thee my trust;
 For all Thy ways are holy and just.
Of Thy mercies I’ll sing forever and ever;
 For Thou, O Lord, will forsake me never!
 
 

Ps. 40:3,4,8,10,16; 42:3; 84:10; 86:1,3,11,12; 89:1,6



No comments:

Post a Comment