Friday, April 3, 2015

Joy at the Morn


Joy at the Morn
 
In Thee, O Lord, do I put all my trust,
 For Thy great mercies are faithful and just;
For Thou art my Rock and my High Tower,
 And Thou art my Fortress, Thou art my Power.
 
For Thy Name’s sake leadest Thou me;
 My spirit I commit unto Thee;
Though oft I be weary, and sighing with grief,
 Thy marvellous kindness hath shewn me relief.
 
The times of my life are in Thy hand;
 Deliver me from enemies in the land;
Upon Thy servant make Thy light shine;
 Then will I extol Thy Name divine.
 
I’ll be of good courage; Thou hast strengthened my heart;
 I’ll hope in the Lord, for my God Thou art.
By favour Thou makest my mountain stand strong;
 Unto Thee I’ll give thanks, all the day long.
 
Thou liftest me up, that my foes can’t rejoice;
 I will sing unto Thee with jubilant voice!
And though my weeping may endure for a night,
 The Lord will send joy at the morn’s early light!
 
 
 
Psalms 30, 31, 144; Lamentations 3
With love to my daughter’s dear friend, Joy
--a lovely name for a lovely girl who brings just that--joy.
 

June 1994



No comments:

Post a Comment